Contact Us Today 801-374-5336

Work and Employment Visas

Working Legally in the United States

Foreign nationals seeking temporary or full-time employment in the United States must navigate the complex system of regulations governing issuance of work visas to non-U.S. citizens. Errors and missing information on a work permit application can result in denial or delay of your employment visa, and violation of the terms of your application may mean removal from or denial of re-entry to the United States. The Utah immigration lawyers at Keen Law Offices, LLC will help you select and complete the correct work visa application, and keep you informed of the status of your application throughout the process.

Keen Law Offices, LLC also assists U.S. and foreign employers with the Labor Certification Application (LCA) for obtaining employment-based visas for skilled workers and managers. Our experienced Orem, Utah immigration lawyers are intimately familiar with this complex and time-consuming process, and know how to navigate the immigration laws and federal bureaucracy that stand in your way.

Non-Immigrant (Temporary) Employment Visas

The immigration attorneys at Keen Law Offices, LLC are available to assist foreign nationals and their employers in obtaining the following non-immigrant (temporary) employment visas:

  • H-1A visa — The “nurse visa” for medical professionals to fill shortages in the U.S.
  • H-1B visa — Temporary work visa for professionals with a college degree who have a specific job lined up
  • H-2A visa — Agricultural jobs and other seasonal work
  • H-2B visa — Construction, landscaping, hospitality and other “unskilled” employment
  • H-4 visa – For the spouse and children of temporary workers
  • L-1 and L-2 visas – Managers, executives and critical employees
  • NAFTA TN visa – Skilled workers from Mexico and Canada
  • O visa – For non-immigrants with extraordinary ability
  • E-1 and E-2 trading and investor visas (“treaty trader”)

Keen Law Offices, LLC is also available to assist with employment visa extensions and waivers, and we can help you seek a status adjustment and obtain a green card for permanent residency if your employment visa is expiring (or has expired).

Immigrant (Permanent) Work Visas

Keen Law Offices, LLC also represents immigrants and sponsoring employers in seeking lawful permanent resident status for long-term employment in the United States. Our experienced immigration lawyers will skillfully manage the entire application process, including obtaining PERM labor certification to verify qualification and eligibility and demonstrate that the vacancy cannot be filled by existing U.S. candidates. Contact one of our Utah immigration lawyers today about the following immigrant (permanent) work visas:

  • EB-1 visa — Priority workers (scientists, engineers, programmers, professors)
  • EB-2 visa — Workers with an advanced degree or exceptional ability in science, art or business
  • EB-3 visa — Other professionals or skilled workers
  • EB-4 visa — Special immigrants (physicians, religious workers, and others)

Contact a Utah Immigration Lawyer About Your Work Visa

To discuss your temporary or permanent employment visa needs, contact Utah's Keen Law Offices, LLC online, or call us at (801) 899-6385. We have Spanish and Portuguese speakers on staff, and we work with individuals and employers worldwide.

Sworn To Advocate For Our Clients

“My father was a U.S. citizen, but I was born in another country.” Everyone in the government kept telling me I didn’t belong in the U.S., that I should give up and go “home” to the U.K. Immigration kept trying to get rid of me, and even issued a deportation order. Luckily, I found Keen Law Offices. Mr. Keen was the only person who believed I was a citizen; he fought my case, and after a long battle, Immigration gave in. They even issued me a certificate stating that I was a U.S. citizen since birth!”

Stephen, Immigration Client

39 S 400 W
Orem, UT 84058
(801)-374-0047 (fax)
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 08:00am - 05:00pm