Contact Us Today 801-374-5336

Temporary Work Visas

Salt Lake City Immigration Attorney Assists Employers

We have currently suspended our practice area of Employer Based Visas including the various H, O, L, E, and TN Visas. Visit to find attorneys specializing in this field. We are still keeping the information about these visas up in case it helps in determining which employer visas would serve best. 

Temporary Employment Visas for Salt Lake City

Hiring a Salt Lake City immigration attorney prior to moving forward with attempting to help current or prospective employees apply for work visas can make an enormous difference in the final outcome of the situation. For example, your lawyer may be able to help you expedite the process of obtaining labor certification from the Department of Labor, as is required for many types of temporary nonimmigrant employment visas. Additionally, we can help you and the employees prepare the paperwork and ensure that you do not make any of the common errors that could cause the applications to be denied. Our team handles cases involving all types of nonimmigrant work visas, including:


The H category of nonimmigrant visas allows certain types of employees to legally enter, remain and work in the United States. The H-1B visa is for people working in “specialty occupations,” such as those that require a higher-education degree or engagement in government-to-government research and development. Spouses of H-1B visa holders may accompany them on the H-4 visa. The H-2A visa is provided for employees performing temporary or seasonal agricultural work and is only available to citizens of certain countries. H-2B visas are similar to the H-2A visa but are for nonagricultural workers.

L-1 & L-2 Visa

With the L-1A visa, an executive or manager of a multinational corporation can transfer from offices abroad to a location within the United States. This type of visa enables companies to facilitate their expansion activities by assigning the ideal employee to the positions where they are required. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 years may accompany the holder of an L-1 visa by obtaining an L-2 visa.


Under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible under certain circumstances to apply for nonimmigrant visas so that they can enter and remain in the United States for commercial or employment purposes, provided that they have already made arrangements with the employer in the U.S. Only certain professions are included on the list of eligible types of work for this visa.

O Visa

Individuals of “extraordinary ability or achievement” in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics or the motion picture or television industry may apply for the O visa. There are several different types of O visa, depending on the nature of the individual's abilities and achievements and whether he or she is the primary applicant or plans to accompany as a spouse or child.

E-1 & E-2 Visa

Citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation are eligible to apply for the E-1 treaty trader or E-2 treaty investor visa. These nonimmigrant visas allow the holder to come to the U.S. for the purposes of engaging in certain types of trade or investment, and there are strict requirements concerning the volume and nature of commercial activity involved.

Speak with a Salt Lake City Immigration Lawyer Now

Do not hesitate to call us now to discuss your situation and learn about how our team can assist you. We take the time to review all of your needs and expectations in order to determine what type of visa will be most suitable to meet your requirements, followed by taking immediate action to get started on the case. Contact us today.

Sworn To Advocate For Our Clients

“My father was a U.S. citizen, but I was born in another country.” Everyone in the government kept telling me I didn’t belong in the U.S., that I should give up and go “home” to the U.K. Immigration kept trying to get rid of me, and even issued a deportation order. Luckily, I found Keen Law Offices. Mr. Keen was the only person who believed I was a citizen; he fought my case, and after a long battle, Immigration gave in. They even issued me a certificate stating that I was a U.S. citizen since birth!”

Stephen, Immigration Client

Keen Law Offices LLC
(801)-374-0047 (fax)
Mon: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Tue: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Wed: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Thu: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Fri: 08:30am - 05:00pm