Contact Us Today 801-374-5336


Get Permission to Stay In or Leave the United States

If you are a foreign national who has overstayed a visa, entered the United States illegally, or committed a crime while living here, you need to obtain a waiver to preserve your right to live in (and return to) the United States.

Preparing a strong waiver application requires significant leg work and a comprehensive understanding of the U.S. immigration system, so it is best to hire an experienced immigration lawyer who knows what it takes to successfully obtain a waiver. The Salt Lake City immigration attorneys at Keen Law Offices, LLC have filed numerous successful waiver applications on behalf of illegal aliens, visa holders and lawful permanent residents in Orem, Salt Lake City, and throughout the State of Utah. To speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about an immigration waiver, contact us today.

Unlawful Presence Waivers

If you are in the United States without a valid visa or green card, you are currently subject to being deported. If you have been in the United States for less than one year, you will be deported and barred from re-entry for three years. If you have been unlawfully present for more than a year, the bar on re-entry can extend to ten years from the date of deportation.

Obtaining an unlawful presence waiver requires proof of extreme hardship in the event you are removed from the United States (e.g., the need to care for your children or a disabled spouse, or persecution in your native country). Keen Law Offices, LLC's Orem, Utah immigration attorneys work with the firm's clients to develop proof of hardship—often compiling hundreds of pages of documentation to support a client's case.

Immigration Waivers for Visa Holders, Lawful Permanent Residents and Green Card Applicants

Keen Law Offices, LLC also assists legal immigrants and green card applicants with obtaining the following types of immigration waivers and other forms relief:

  • Re-entry waivers for short-term leave (e.g., if your visa has expired)
  • Re-entry waivers after deportation/removal
  • Adjustments of status
  • Visa extensions
  • Waivers for past criminal convictions for new visa and green card applicants

Contact a Utah Immigration Waiver Attorney

You should not apply for a waiver without an attorney's help. If you make a mistake, your case could be delayed for years.

If you think you may need an immigration waiver, contact Keen Law Offices, LLC before you contact USCIS or the Department of Homeland Security. Our experienced immigration lawyers will explain your options, and work with you to prepare a compelling and effective waiver application. Give us a call at (801) 374-5336 or contact Keen Law Offices, LLC online.

Sworn To Advocate For Our Clients

“My father was a U.S. citizen, but I was born in another country.” Everyone in the government kept telling me I didn’t belong in the U.S., that I should give up and go “home” to the U.K. Immigration kept trying to get rid of me, and even issued a deportation order. Luckily, I found Keen Law Offices. Mr. Keen was the only person who believed I was a citizen; he fought my case, and after a long battle, Immigration gave in. They even issued me a certificate stating that I was a U.S. citizen since birth!”

Stephen, Immigration Client

Keen Law Offices LLC
(801)-374-0047 (fax)
Mon: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Tue: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Wed: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Thu: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Fri: 08:30am - 05:00pm