Contact Us Today 801-374-5336

KLO Blog

Explore our blogs to find out about immigration law, criminal law, and family law!  

Get notified when we post a new blog by subscribing!

Subscribe to our Blog!

* indicates required

My US Citizen child is finally 21!  Can he or she apply to get me legal?

Posted by Christopher Keen | Jul 27, 2017 | 0 Comments

Many non-US Citizen parents of Citizen children have heard that their child can petition for them at the age of 21. But many do not understand that there is more to the process. If the parent has not maintained lawful status, or has worked without authorization, unless an exception applies he or she may be ineligible to become a lawful permanent resident.

Sworn To Advocate For Our Clients

“My father was a U.S. citizen, but I was born in another country.” Everyone in the government kept telling me I didn’t belong in the U.S., that I should give up and go “home” to the U.K. Immigration kept trying to get rid of me, and even issued a deportation order. Luckily, I found Keen Law Offices. Mr. Keen was the only person who believed I was a citizen; he fought my case, and after a long battle, Immigration gave in. They even issued me a certificate stating that I was a U.S. citizen since birth!”

Stephen, Immigration Client

39 S 400 W
Orem, UT 84058
(801)-374-0047 (fax)
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 08:00am - 05:00pm