Contact Us Today 801-374-5336




In some cases, individuals who come to the United States as children may be able to receive deferred action for two years if certain requirements are met. The Secretary of Homeland Security made an announcement on June 15, 2012 that deferred action can be pursued by individuals who were living in the United States as children. Individuals who qualify will be eligible for work authorization in the country also.

If you are wondering whether you are eligible for deferred action, call our office. We can provide you with the passionate and dedicated legal guidance you deserve.

Requesting Consideration for Deferred Action

The first requirement that you will need to meet for consideration of deferred action is for age. You will need to have been less than 31 years old on June 15, 2012 but at least 15 years or older to request deferred action.

You will also need to meet the following guidelines:

  • Came to the United States before your 16th birthday
  • Lived in the U.S. continuously since June 15, 2007 until the present time
  • Have been physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012
  • Were physically present in the U.S. when you made the request for consideration
  • Entered the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012
  • Are currently in school, have graduated, or have obtained a certificate of completion from high school
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, nor had three or more misdemeanors
  • Do not pose any sort of threat to public safety / national security

Obtain Legal Help with Deferred Action Today

Even after meeting the guidelines for deferred action, you must complete a series of steps to make your request to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The following steps must be taken:

  • Collecting certain documents
  • Completing all applicable forms with the USCIS
  • Submitting fingerprints
  • Providing a $465 fee with your forms
  • Mail all documents to the appropriate USCIS Lockbox.

At Keen Law Offices, LLC, we encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience. Our Salt Lake City immigration attorneys are available to assist with deferred action. During an evaluation of your case, we can help you determine whether or not you qualify. We are prepared to offer the professional legal representation you need to comprehensively address your immigration situation.

Sworn To Advocate For Our Clients

“My father was a U.S. citizen, but I was born in another country.” Everyone in the government kept telling me I didn’t belong in the U.S., that I should give up and go “home” to the U.K. Immigration kept trying to get rid of me, and even issued a deportation order. Luckily, I found Keen Law Offices. Mr. Keen was the only person who believed I was a citizen; he fought my case, and after a long battle, Immigration gave in. They even issued me a certificate stating that I was a U.S. citizen since birth!”

Stephen, Immigration Client

Keen Law Offices LLC
(801)-374-0047 (fax)
Mon: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Tue: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Wed: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Thu: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Fri: 08:30am - 05:00pm