Many of our detained clients are picked up by ICE. Because ICE does not have a long-term facility to house detained immigrants, they transfer them to facilities out of state. We have most of our clients moved to facilities in Las Vegas including the Henderson Detention Center and to Denver Colorado at the Aurora Detention Center. Others are moved to different places in other states.
I have been to Las Vegas to see clients and to attend court hearings several times. Many times I can communicate with my clients over the phone, and do court hearings over the phone, so travel is not necessary every time. Sometimes it's just better to meet with my client in person, where the calls are not recorded, to do thorough interviews and prepare the client for court
Families of my detained clients often want to go and visit their loved one, in Henderson for example.
Henderson is a suburb east of Las Vegas. The Detention Center is located right in the downtown. The jail population in July 2018 was 520 detained people. There are many officers working there but they are polite and very by the book. Sometimes there is lots of waiting involved.
Here are some tips if you'd like to visit your relative at the Henderson Detention Center. This information is accurate as of July 2018.
- If you would like to place funds on an inmates account, please follow this link. You will receive instructions on how to continue. Be ready to provide the facility with the facility name, inmate's first and last name, ID number, your billing address and credit card information.
- Placing funds on an inmates account will allow him or her to communicate with relatives or even contact the attorney. These are some reasons why it is important they have sufficient funds available to them.
- You are also able to visit the inmate if possible. It is always good to call ahead to make sure you know the facility's hours of visitation. Visitation hours at this detention center are Wednesday through Sunday 8am-11am and 1pm-4pm. You may only visit 20 minutes per visit, no appointment is necessary, inmates are allowed 2 visits per week with 2 adults per visit. For safety precautions, you will only be allowed to bring your wallet, keys and I.D.
- Release times are 3 am, 10 am and 9 pm. Please wait in the parking lot east of the lobby at 18 East Basic.
- If you would like to find out an inmate's court date, please call Henderson Municipal Court at (702) 267-3300 or the Henderson Justice Court at (702) 455-7951.
- Below we are providing a flyer in both English and Spanish to help acquaint you with the detention center. We also have these flyers at our office, 39 S 400 W, Orem UT 84058.
We hope to be of service to you and your family during the difficult times. If you have any questions please contact us at (801)-374-5336.